Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Shoppers Haul Update

Wow, okay, I know I said I'd post an update 'soon' in my original post.. lets pretend a month later can be considered as 'soon'

Here's a run down of what I 'purchased' with my accumulated Shoppers Optimum points that day.

1. Benefit BADgal Lash Mascara - ($20)

This is my HG mascara that can always be found in my purse AND makeup bag. It makes my lashes look gorgeous without clumping and keeps them soft instead of hard and brittle like a lot of other mascaras. I've yet to find a suitable replacement for this.

2. Benefit High Beam - ($26)


I was using my Eye Bright highlighting pencil for a while as an all-over highlighter but always wanted to try the High Beam. Well.. I'm in love! It's really an amazing product and the applicator brush (kind of like a nail polish brush) is so easy to use. This will be a staple for sure.

3. Lise Watier Havana bronzing powder in Light - ($28)


I have never used a bronzer before and was always a bit worried I'd end up looking like a Jersey Shore cast member. I'll be honest and say I still haven't used this too much. Weather wise, it's been pretty gloomy in Toronto and I've always thought out of season tans were kind of tacky. Once I get the chance to use this more, I'll do a full review.

4. Guerlain Kiss Kiss Liplift Smoothing Primer - ($35)

I've been wearing a lot of highly pigmented lipstick lately and have been having a bit of an issue. It always seems to stain my lips so an evening crimson pout carries over to a Sunday breakfast pout.. kind of awkward lol. This primer was really pricey and I'm not sure I'd spend the money on it but since I had Optimum points, I decided to give it a shot. The packaging is absolutely stunning and really makes you feel like you purchased a quality product. Performance wise, I've used this under bright red lipstick and fuschia lipstick with absolutely no issues. It smooths my lips, makes even application easier and allows me to actually remove the colour when I'd like to. As I said, it's pretty pricey so I don't know if I'll repurchase but it's definitely a quality product. 

5. Smashbox Nude Lip Pencil in Fair - ($18)
LOOOOOVE! This lipliner is fantastic! It matches the shade of my natural lips perfectly and has amazing staying power. It's replaced every other lip liner I own and looks great with both coloured lipstick and sheer gloss. Definitely a repurchase. It comes in 3 other shades for different skin tones. I'd recommend this to anyone. 

6. Biotherm Aquasource Skin Perfection Moisturizer - ($45)
I've been on a hunt for a good moisturizer since my fav got discontinued a while back. It's been a bumpy road. Unfortunately some of those bumps were on my face due to using the wrong products. I took a real chance with this. I've always liked Biotherm products but never used them long enough to actually get a good idea of how they work for me. It's been a month now and I think I may have found a keeper. This moisturizer is great. It has a really sleek feel to it and you can feel how hydrated your skin is after use. It's got a bit of a gritty texture.. like really really really fine grit. It's hard to describe but feels amazing. It's got a bit of a cooling effect when you first apply it which is really nice. I received a gift set and a makeup bag filled with other Biotherm products when I purchased the moisturizer. 


Well, that's everything for now. Sure felt like a long post but I guess it was fairly overdue. Do you use any of these products? What are your hits and misses?



No comments:

Post a Comment