Search This Blog

Friday, May 25, 2012

LuxeBox - May Edition

I received my first LuxeBox in the mail yesterday. There were actually two boxes this month, the regular LuxeBox and a white Bath and Body box. Here is what I received!


The white box was definitely a nice surprise and was provided in honour of Mothers Day.

Upon opening the black box, this is what I was greeted with. I had read about the personalized stickers and must agree that it is a nice touch.



Included was a card that specified the details of what is in the box, a coupon for $20 off a subscription with Pantybypost.com, a P&G sponsored 'Thank You Mom' post card and a small card describing the 'My Scent' program.





This is the first look into the box. It really is nice looking and well packaged. I was excited to see the full sized Essie polish!




 CK Shock - "This addictive scent opens with a fierce bouquet of passion flower (they actually wrote 'passion floor' on the card), deepened with blackberry and finishes with magnetic amber leaving a lasting impression"

Marc Jacobs Oh, Lola! - "This scent opens with refreshing raspberry, pink peony and the dry down with vanilla leaves an unforgettable flirtatious touch"

Calvin Klein Sheer Beauty - "This fresh fruity floral scent evokes sensuality and sophistication"

I'm not much of a fan of CK perfumes but I do own the first Marc Jacobs 'Lola' perfume and actually prefer 'Oh, Lola!' as it's a much lighter scent. 



Full sized Essie polish (15ml) - $8

The colour I received is "Camera". It's a really nice rich pinky coral colour that is perfect for summer. I think I might have to do a quick pedicure after work for the weekend :)


Fekkai Advanced Salon Technician Color Care Shampoo & Conditioner - 9ml each
(Full size is 236ml and retails for $30 - Approximate value of the 4 samples $4.60)

This product is described as being gentle, rich and protective against UV rays. I really like that we got two of each as I can get an actual feel for the product.

Fekkai Advanced Salon Technician Color Care Rapid Results Moisture Mask - 8.6g each
(Full size is 198g and retails for $45 - Approximate value of the 2 samples - $3.90)

Described as a unique mask that extends the life of your hair pigment with colorlock protection. UV protective.

Olay Regenerist - Wrinkle Revolution Complex - 7ml
(Full size is 15ml and retails for $60 - Approximate value of 2 samples - $56)

This is a pretty expensive product considering the small amount you get. I received two tubes of this, one in the black box and one in the Bath and Body box. Fine lines are promised to disappear before your eyes. These will be going to my mom.



The Bath and Body products came in a nice white box which had a great contrast against the black LuxeBox.



Inside the white box was an Olay Venus razor with one cartridge. I actually need to go buy some razors so this was a welcome surprise! We also received another sample of the Olay wrinkle cream, which I mentioned above.




 Overall, I'm fairly satisfied with this box. As it is my first Luxe box, I was a bit worried since I've seen so many upset comments as of late from their customers. I signed up for a 3 month subscription to give them a fair chance and once that is up, I'll decide whether I'm staying with them or not


Did you receive the same products? What are your thoughts on LuxeBox?


Edit: After seeing boxes that other people got, I'm actually pretty disappointed in the samples that were included in this one. Hopefully next month is better.

1 comment:

  1. I was pretty happy that I could use everything in this box. The Fekkai samples are really nice. I'll be doing a review on those and the Essie polish soon. Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete